Congratulations to Rosine and Austin on winning signed copies of “Not Young, Still Restless” by Jeanne Cooper! Thank you to everyone who participated!
Daytime television superstar Jeanne Cooper will be at Mall of America® on Thursday, August 2 to sign copies of her new book “Not Young, Still Restless.” She is more recognizable as the wealthy, hard-as-nails but generally good-hearted Katherine Chancellor of CBS soap opera “The Young and the Restless.” I was lucky enough to sit down and chat with this fearless queen of daytime television to learn more about her book and get the inside scoop on her incredible career.
- You have had such a full career with so many adventures, what made you decide to finally sit down and write a book?
- Because I got tired of everyone telling me to write a book! For many many years everyone was after me to do it and I finally set down with my friend Lindsay Harrison and we did it! It was difficult in the beginning, but I’m very proud of what we ended up with. Now people will stop asking me to write it!
- Your book is full of fascinating stories of your life and career, is there a particular story or experience you are excited to share with your fans?
- I was nervous but thought it would be helpful share some of the troubling stories of my childhood. It felt good to finally get that out.
- The scenes in front of the cameras of “The Young and the Restless” are always so drama-filled, can you give us any inside scoop about the drama that happens behind the cameras or when the cameras are off?
- I am well known for my behind the scenes pinching of my cast and crew that I talk about in the book. It shows the camaraderie and good times that we share both on and off screen.
Want to win your very own copy of Jeanne Cooper’s new book? Comment below and tell us your favorite memory of Jeanne or why you’d like to read her book and you’ll be entered to win one of two books we are giving away. To enter, you must comment on this blog post by August 2 at noon and provide a VALID EMAIL ADDRESS. We’ll announce the winner via email and update the post to announce the winner!