The 20th Anniversary of Race for the Cure is this Sunday, May 13 (Mother’s Day!). We can’t wait to be blinded by pink and surrounded by inspiring men and women. It is a morning jam-packed with fun and we want to help rid any ambiguity, so here is your complete guide to the 20th Annual Susan G. Komen® Twin Cities Race for the Cure:
Where to register
If you haven’t registered yet, don’t sweat it! You can either register online or register the morning of the race at Mall of America® in the Rotunda from 6 – 9:30 a.m.
When and where to pick up your Race for the Cure t-shirts
If you are part of a team: May 9 – May 13
Registered teams can pick up their TEAM T-SHIRTS and RACE BIBS at Mall of America in Macy’s Court on the first floor. Team captains, or a designated team member, must pick up the entire team’s materials to distribute to members. Hours for pick up are: today, Thurs., May 10 from noon – 8 p.m., Fri., May 11 and Sat., May 12 from 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. and Race Day from 6 – 9:30 a.m.
If you are an individual registrant: May 11 –May 13
Registered participants can pick up their T-SHIRTS and RACE BIBS at Mall of America in the Rotunda. Hours for pick up are Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. and Race Day from 6 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
What time will roads close around Mall of America?
What roads will be closed around Mall of America?
Important: I-494 East and West-bound between 34th Avenue and Highway 5 will be reduced to a single lane according to Minnesota Department of Transportation. Please expect delays.
24th Avenue: South of American Boulevard to Killebrew
Lindau Lane: Closed from Ikea way to 24th Avenue
What are the best parking options?
- Be sure to continue to follow Mall of America on Twitter @MallofAmerica and #moaparking for your best parking options.
- All roads in will have heavy traffic. Follow the directions of police officers on all roadways.
- Carpooling and light-rail are encouraged!
Where do I get all the goodies?
The HEALTH EXPO-OUTSIDE is where you can receive breast cancer educational materials, product samples, and gifts from Race sponsors. This location has changed from previous years. It will not be in the North parking lot located next to IKEA. It will be open from 7 – 10 a.m.
Race day event timeline
- 6 – 9:30 a.m.: Registration (Rotunda)
- 6 – 9:30 a.m.: Team t-shirt and bib pick-up (Sears Court)
- 7 – 10:00 a.m.: Health Expo – Outside (North Parking lot next to IKEA)
- 7:00 a.m.: Aerobic Warm Up – Outside (North Parking lot next to IKEA)
- 7:25 a.m.: 5K Women’s and Men’s Wheelchair Run-Outside
- 7:30 a.m.: 5K Women’s and Men’s Combined Run-Outside
- 9:00 a.m.: 5K Walk-Outside
- 9:30 a.m.: 1K Walk-Inside MOA (Level 2, near Sears)
- 10:10 – 11:25 a.m.: Survivor Celebration (Rotunda)
Cooler in the morning but no signs of rain! Our friends at KARE 11 are saying the weather will be sunny in the morning with walking temperatures in the mid 50s.