Get ready for a Turtle take-over as Nickelodeon Universe® in Mall of America® hosts the Summer of Turtles June – August 2013 to celebrate the hit Nickelodeon TV series “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT).”
The Turtle excitement will be non-stop with daily character appearances, promotions and monthly merchandise discounts throughout the summer. To celebrate the Summer of Turtles, Nickelodeon Universe has many fun events planned for guests over the next few months:
Saturday, June 15:
Shell Shock Ride Challenge
10 a.m. – 1 p.m. in Nickelodeon Universe
- Thrill-seekers can test their spinning skills at the Shell Shock Ride Challenge. Riders will be judged on how many times they can “spin” their seat during one cycle of the ride.
- A public scoreboard will display the top ten “spinners” throughout the day and competitors can ride as much as they’d like to defend their title.
- Rides on Shell Shock are free until 1 p.m., even for riders who aren’t competing.
Saturday, June 29:
TMNT Animator Meet and Greet
Noon – 3 p.m. in the south entrance of Nickelodeon Universe
- TMNT super fans can meet with real Nickelodeon animators.
- The animators will create custom Turtle art for fans from noon – 3 p.m. near the south entrance of Nickelodeon Universe.
Saturday, July 27:
TMNT Pizza Recipe Challenge
2 p.m. in the Rotunda
- Starting June 21, dids can submit their favorite pizza recipe for the TMNT Pizza Recipe Challenge. Eight recipes will be selected to participate in the challenge.
- Each entry must use a Schwan’s starter pizza crust, at least three ingredients of which, the total cost cannot exceed $25.
- Local celebrity judges will rank the pizzas on taste, creativity, presentation and use of healthy ingredients.
Saturday, August 22:
TMNT Costume Contest
2 – 5 p.m. in Nickelodeon Universe
- TMNT enthusiasts of all ages can show their Turtle pride by dressing up as their favorite TMNT character.
- Three winners will be chosen, one from each age group.
- The first 100 ride tickets purchased by guests each day will receive a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle comic book.
- Each week guests will receive a different collectable button, featuring one of the show’s popular characters.
- Total Turtle Saturdays: Every Saturday in June, July and August, kids can receive temporary Turtle tattoos at the South Entrance and participate in Ninja Training sessions in the Midway at Noon and 2 p.m. in Nickelodeon Universe.
Daily Turtle Appearance Schedule:
(All appearing at the Blue Spot in Nickelodeon Universe)
Monday: Raphael & Leonardo 3, 4, 5, 6 p.m.
Tuesday: Donatello & Michelangelo 12, 1, 2 p.m. Raphael & Leonardo 3, 4, 5, 6 p.m.
Wednesday: Donatello & Michelangelo 3, 4, 5, 6 p.m.
Thursday: Raphael & Leonardo 12, 1, 2 p.m. Donatello & Michelangelo 3, 4, 5, 6 p.m.
Friday: Raphael, Leonardo, Donatello & Michelangelo 4, 5, 6, 7 p.m.
Saturday: Donatello & Michelangelo 12, 1, 2, 3 p.m. Raphael & Leonardo 4, 5, 6, 7 p.m.
Sunday: Raphael & Leonardo 12, 1, 2 p.m. Donatello & Michelangelo 3, 4, 5 p.m.