The fabulous celebrity fashion firing squad duo, Tom and Lorenzo, have added Mall of America® to their list of book tour stops and we’re snapping our fingers in excitement. Before they get here, we asked the guys to give us a little extra sneak peek into what fans will find in their book, “EVERYONE WANTS TO BE ME OR DO ME: Tom & Lorenzo’s fabulous & opinionated guide to celebrity life and style.” So we asked T & L what celebrity they think is owning the spotlight right now; and here’s what they had to say:
“Everyone wants to be me or do me” may be the celebrity affirmation we imagine all stars say in the mirror every morning, but truly A-list superstars manage the trick of making everyone want to be AND do them. And by that we mean they manage the trick of finding themselves at the top of the lists of hottest or most beautiful stars while at the same time getting the public to want to be their best friend. No current star manages this trick better than Jennifer Lawrence. So drop-dead beautiful that Dior practically fell all over themselves to make her the face of the brand, awarding her a contract that took care of her retirement fund (as well as her grandchildren’s) in one fell swoop, she’s also funny, smart, spontaneous and gives the impression that she’s down to earth. The Number 1 job of all stars is to get you to either love them or become fascinated by them. J Law’s a superstar, and will probably remain one for the rest of her life, because she can get you to do both. And it never even looks like she’s trying. Who wouldn’t want a little bit of that kind of talent in their every day life?
-Tom and Lorenzo
Photo Credit: E! Online
Photo credit: Style Bistro
Grab your copy of “EVERYONE WANTS TO BE ME OR DO ME: Tom & Lorenzo’s fabulous & opinionated guide to celebrity life and style,” meet the fabulous pair and have your book autographed this Sunday, February 23 at 1 p.m. in Macy’s Court (details here)!
We all watched Sunday evening as our favorite celebrities hit the red carpet in style at the 2014 Grammys. How gorgeous was Colbie Callait in the floral Ezra Couture number (pictured above)? Stunning. And Miranda? Lookin’ good girlfriend. As February peeks it’s head around the corner, I’m starting to coordinate my ensembles in support of American Heart Month and the events that follow suit.
There are plenty of ways to rock red (and turn heads on that special Valentine’s Day date) throughout February. Here are three staple occasions to wear your heart on your sleeve, and in case red isn’t your go-to color, a couple accessories to accommodate your style.
I adore the cut-out waist dress from BCBGeneration (Level 2, North). It’s the perfect LRD to take you from a casual lunch date with the gals to the office (just throw on a blazer) and even into the evening’s festivities (add a statement clutch and a pair of stilettos). More info on each piece listed below:
Casual Looks From:
- Dress – BCBGeneration (Level 2, North) – Cutout-Waist Dress $118
- Bag – Nordstrom (Level 1, Nordstrom Court) – Little Ukita’ Shoulder Bag $428
- Shoes - BCBGeneration (Level 2, North) – Velara Cutout Wedge Sandal $120
Corporate Looks From:
- Dress – Macy’s (Level 2, Macy’s Court) – INC $69.50
- Bag – Michael Kors (Level 1, South) – Large Selma Saffiano Messenger $278
- Shoes – Stuart Weitzman (Level 1, South) – The Nouveau Pump $355
Cocktail Looks From:
- Dress – J. Crew (Level 2, South) – Pamela Dress in Lace $275
- Bag - A’GACI (Level 2, East) – Gold PU Contrast Cut-Out Clutch/Crossbody $27.50
- Shoes – Forever 21 (Level 1, East) – Luxe Stiletto Sandals $36.80
Inspired by heart health and awareness, heart disease survivors will strut their stuff on the Go Red for Women Runway at Mall of America® this Saturday, Feb 1 as part of the annual American Heart Association Go Red for Women event.
“Hands Only” CPR training will be offered to guests at no cost and other activities including a CorePower Karma yoga class, jump rope demonstrations and an award ceremony will also take place. The event runs from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. in the Mall Rotunda, Sears Court and Southeast Court. For more information, click the link above.
Thank you to everyone who entered the giveaway! The winner has been selected and notified via email.
Well known arch enemies – Betty and Veronica, Batman and the Joker, Dr. Evil and Austin Powers… my hair and winter. Yep, they go together like oil and water which is why I have an endless array of hats, caps, headbands and ponytail holders to keep this bird’s nest under wraps during the colder months. After one too many mornings of fighting with frizz, I vowed to find a solution to this dry and lifeless hair existence for 2014. I’ve never done well with the exercise resolutions, but new, healthy hair for the new year is something I can get on board with.
Cue the superhero music – this is where the Intelligent Nutrients Salon at Mall of America® (Level 1, South) saves the day. Not only is this one chair cove a calming respite from the buzz of shoppers, it’s also a magic shop where you leave looking and smelling a million times better than when you entered. The Destress Express Hair and Scalp Treatment is exactly what my tired locks needed. This perfect combination of massage, essential oils and deep conditioning gave my hair a luster I’ve never seen before! I also received awesome tips from my stylist, Shawna, on how to take care of my locks during this time of year to keep the shine alive. Sayonara pony tail holders!
The Destress Treatment is a must for anyone who experiences a daily tug of war with their hair–what a difference!
Are you looking to change your ‘do for the new year? You’re in luck! We’re giving one lucky reader the chance to head in to Intelligent Nutrients for your very own hair color treatment Shawna. How do you win? Enter your name and email in the box below by Friday, January 31 at noon. We’ll select a winner and update the post.
Mall of America Giveaway
It’s that time again. New year, new beginnings and new resolutions. This time around, you can head over to Mall of America® and get a head start to your new found dedication, whatever it may be! Take a look at some of ours and what will help us during the long haul!
One thing I need to work on is being organized. In 2014, I’m going to keep things sorted, accessible and coordinated. Here are a few things that can help me (and you!):
- Urban Outfitters (Level 1, West) offers checklist pads that will help you from grocery shopping to any tasks you can think of. You can pick up these note pads for $7 – 10.
- Do you have a friend who drags along an unnecessary large bag wherever they go ? Suggest this Mini Case from Henri Bendel (Level 1, South). This will hold an iPhone, credit cards and cash without having to carry a bulky purse. You can find many chic and modern styles for $58.
- I tend to forget where I have kept notes to myself, whether it’s on my iPad or in my planner. This iPad Folio, $79.99 at Brookstone (Level 1, West), keeps everything together and is easy to take with you wherever you go.
This year, especially with the current temperatures, my goal is to spend more time outdoors. I have a lot of summer gear packed away until the sun returns so, for now, I’m hoping to invest in some winter staples I can use for the next few months and again for seasons to come.
- Whether I’m cross country skiing, walking my dog or sledding, I find that layers are key for enjoying the outdoors. This lightweight and fashionable cashmere pullover will be the envy of everyone on the slopes! You can stock one in your closet for $189 at Athleta (Level 1, South).
- With snow piling outside my door, tall boots, $195 from UGG® Australia (Level 1, South) are a must! These black beauties are timeless, warm, comfy and sure to last through numerous winters.
- These Lucky Bums Snowshoes from JM Cremps (Level 3, North) starting at $59 are perfect for enjoying the outdoors with friends and family. I’ve added these perfect children’s snowshoes to my list so my nephew can join me on adventures across the Minnesota lakes!
Winter is the perfect time to start inviting your friends and family over more often for an evening of tasty bites and beverages. I picked a few entertaining essentials to make having your favorite people over even more enjoyable.
- Sip in style with these Tommy Bahama (Level 2, West) holiday champagne flutes. Get them for $50 just in time to toast your closest friends this New Year’s Eve.
- Make a lasting impression with intrinsic hints throughout your home. My place is small, so I chose to do this with candles and soaps. They say scent can be one of our most powerful memories – so make sure your guests leave remembering how pleasant your house smells. Voluspa candles from Nordstrom (Northwest Court) make this easy to do and are only $27.
- Serve with Elegance. Walk with ease (and look good doing it) with a tray of beverages and other goodies with the Cocktail Tray, $98 from Henri Bendel (Level 1, South).
This year, my goal is to make the switch to more all-natural and organic products. Making this change can be costly, so I’m choosing to focus on three areas of the life to de-toxify.
- The winter is harsh on my sensitive skin, so I’m opting for Intelligent Nutrients (Level 1, South) Destress Express Dry Skin Therapy lotion, $28. I can’t speak highly enough about this store’s awesome product line – everything is certified organic and scented with essential oils that smell amazing.
- When the afternoon slump sets in around 2 p.m., I typically opt for a diet soda in all its carbonated perfection. In 2014, my goal is to switch to caffeinated tea – and what better to help me achieve this goal than the “Manatea Tea Infuser” from The Afternoon (Level 2, East)! This kitschy-cute tea infuser is fun enough to make me reach for tea instead of my tradition diet soda and is only $10.95!
- I love wearing lipstick, and I’ve been meaning to switch to certified-organic, food grade lip color for quite some time. Stila Color Balm Lipstick in Amelia available at Nordstrom (Level 1, North) for $22, is the perfect option for me to purchase to kick off the new year right.
Whether you’d like to spend more time outside or be a better host for guests, you can count on the Mall to help you along your way!
Need a rockin’ outfit for New Year’s Eve? We’ve got you covered. To ensure you greet 2014 with the most stylish version of you, we’ve compiled our favorite New Year’s Eve outfit ideas for men and women. Whether you’re headed to a cocktail party or out to dance the evening away, take a cue from these looks to make sure you’re dressed in way that warmly welcomes the new year.
This year’s looks center around the theme of “the past and the future.” Since New Year’s Eve represents a look back at the previous year and an optimistic glimpse of what’s to come, these outfits portray that same notion. Read on to learn what inspired each look and how you can achieve it with clothing, shoes and accessories found at Mall of America®.
Looks from the roaring twenties are having a major moment in modern fashion for men and women. Craft your New Year’s Eve look with inspiration from the Jazz Age by mixing current shapes with vintage details. By incorporating lux elements–like velvet, fur and jewels–you can achieve a polished look that proves history really does repeat itself.
The Past For Women
1. Greta Flapper Tee Dress from G-Star Raw
2. Faux Fur Keyhole Scarf from The Limited
3. Hilary Clutch from Banana Republic
4. Waldorf Crystal Statement Necklace from Henri Bendel
5. Waldorf Cluster Ring from Henri Bendel
6. Nine West Bouffant Pump from DSW
The Past for Men
1. Atle Tonning Velvet Blazer from Moods of Norway
2. Even Flo Slim Velvet Pants from Moods of Norway
3. Roary Dress Shoes from Aldo
4. Tailored Slim-Fit Non-Iron Blue Micro-Dobby Shirt from Banana Republic
5. Burberry Watch from Burberry
6. John W. Nordstrom Silk Bow Tie from Nordstrom
Your future looks bright with shimmery metallics, cool pops of color and edgy shapes. If you want to rock a futuristic look on New Year’s Eve, opt for solid colors and sleek lines. And remember, keep accessories modest and layering to a minimum–nothing says futuristic like a minimalistic approach to your wardrobe.
The Future for Women
1. Ophelia Printed Dress from Club Monaco
2. Faceted Bib Chain Necklace from Forever 21
3. Classic Bangle Set at Forever 21
4. MICHAEL Michael Kors Natalia Tile Flap Clutch from Michael Kors
5. Aljah Nubuck D Orsay Angle Strap Pointy Pump from A’GACI
The Future for Men
1. Cashmere V-Neck from Club Monaco
2. Twill Pants from H&M
3. Bed Stu Coy Belt from Buckle
4. Dotted Geo Tie from Forever 21
5. EverettX Slim Fit Point Collar Stretch Cotton Striped Dress Shirt by HUGO from Hugo Boss
6. Black Pony Churchil Shoes from Steve Madden
Cheers to great style on New Year’s Eve and throughout 2014!