If the runways of Milan’s Spring Fashion Week are any indication, we’ve got a BOLD spring season ahead. No more demure colors for day and evening, we’re talking pattern mixing, flashy details and unique pairings. Needless to say, this season is going to be sunny for more than one reason! If you’re not ready to completely overhaul your wardrobe with the zest of Milan, pull from the three standout Milan Fashion Week trends below and work that catwalk right into the May flowers!
Stripes and Stripes
Everyone loves stripes but have you paired stripes with even more stripes? Attempted a striped suit? Mixed stripes and chevron? How about mixing stripes with another bold print? Here’s your season to do it!
- Trouve Stripe Wide Leg Pants // Nordstrom
- Ribbon Cape Stripe Pleated Skirt // kate spade new york
- Ruby Stripe Pencil Skirt // Banana Republic
- West 57th Perforated Stripes CarryAll // Henri Bendel
Knots, Bows + Ties
Among the loud prints and uncommon pairings this spring, there are sure to be some finer details: bows, ties, laces and knots. A detail that can hug just the right curves and elevate a piece from blasé to beautiful!
- Walkmyway // Stuart Weitzman
- Ted Baker London ‘Sumacon’ Plain Bow Large Tote // Nordstrom
- Criss Cross Suede Top // A’GACI
- Honey Punch Knot-Front T-Shirt Dress // Urban Outfitters
Belt it Out (Or In!)
Show off that waistline this season with a little cinch around the mid-section. Belted looks, an old classic, are making their valiant return!