In 2015, we welcomed big names to Mall of America® for book launches, autograph signings and even live performances. While we can’t name them all, here are 10 celebrity sightings from 2015 we won’t forget (in no particular order).
- Jack Black: America’s favorite funny guy brought classic R.L. Stine stories to life when he dropped by Mall of America to launch the Goosebumps movie in October. He even made time to reluctantly ride a few rides at Nickelodeon Universe.
- Rachel Platten: She fought her way to the top of the charts with her breakout single “Fight Song,” and she put on a great show for crowds at Mall of America in August.
- Flo Rida and Nick Cannon: Hip-hop sensation Flo Rida and his sidekick Nick Cannon dropped by our house for a surprise performance and to film a segment for “TeenNick Top 10” in October.
- Jewel: Since she became the quintessential sound of the late 90s, her sparkle hasn’t faded. Jewel, and her guitar, came to Mall of America to serenade fans and talk about her memoir, Never Broken.
- Tori Kelly: This curly-haired crooner wowed 2015 Black Friday crowds at Mall of America, performing hits from a Disney album, and her album Unbreakable Smile.
- Carly Rae Jepsen: The “Call Me Maybe” singer launched her second album, Emotion, in August and made a stop at Mall of America to sing new songs from the album and old classics (like that one viral sensation that inspired countless parodies and will forever be etched in pop culture).
- Ice Cube and Kevin Hart: These funny guys just made the cut for 2015 —swinging through Minnesota in December to crack jokes and talk about their movie “Ride Along 2.”
- Shawn Mendes: Shawn Mendes launched his debut album Handwritten at Mall of America with a performance and autograph signing. Since then, “Stitches” has become the radio sensation we can’t get out of our heads.
- Jason Segal: “The End of the Tour” was a defining role for Jason Segal — he played renowned author David Foster Wallace. Not only were scenes in the movie filmed at Mall of America in 2014, but Segal also came back for a special screening at Theatres at Mall of America® in 2015, where he spent an hour answering fan questions after the flick.
- Connor Franta: 2015 brought many social media superstars to Mall of America, but Connor Franta brought some of the biggest (and most enthusiastic) crowds out for his meet and greet in April (he has over 3 million followers on Twitter). Like a true social media master, he even took a selfie with the audience to commemorate the day!
While we tried to pack in as much celebrity punch as possible, it’s impossible to write an article about all of the celebrities who made appearances at Mall of America in 2015. We also had the joy of hosting Becky G, Tim Gunn, Holly Madison, Ree Drummond, Tyler Oakley, Miranda Sings…
We think you get the idea! Here’s to even more brushes with fame in 2016.
Follow us on Instagram to make sure you never miss a celebrity at Mall of America!