It’s officially summer (?) and that means one thing: festival season is in full swing. I’m tuned into my Spotify playlists chock-full of Lizzo, Major Lazer and Kygo remixes in preparation of uncoordinated dance moves and my best karaoke. I’ll be packing my bag with the following outdoor concert essentials. Behold.
- The 3-in-1 smartphone lens is available exclusively at Urban Outfitters (Level 1, West). This kit of creativity will take your Instagram shots to the next level. Interchangeable views include fish-eye, wide angle and macro lenses, necessary to capture full stage + audience snapshots and your best #squad looks.
- Stylish, yet practical, the Charge on the Go is compatible with iPhone 5/6, Samsung + Android phones. Recharge with this spunky gadget because…Snapchat. Available in all its patterned glory at Typo (Level 1, North).
- Save your money for concert swag + take advantage of free H2O refills with a BYOB (that’s a “B” for bottle, people). The trendy S’well stainless steel water bottle ranges in size from 9 – 25 oz. + comes in a range of rad colors + patterns. Pick one up at Nordstrom (Level 1, NW), Athleta (Level 1, South) or Starbucks (Level 1, East and Level 2, West).
- Because one’s look wouldn’t be complete without a stellar ‘do, I’ll be sporting a great braid. Enter: Kylie Jenner’s infamous color blocked braids or try our take on “Not your Grandma’s Braid.” I might also opt for a cap to keep cool. Check out Chapel Hats (Level 1, North).
- That moment when you think, “I just want to sit for like, one minute,” and realize your only seating options are converted park grounds, and we all know what that means: dirt. Grab this Twister picnic blanket from Tilly’s (Level 2, North) and take a seat, or a try your best left hand/right foot pose if you feel like passing the time in between bands. If your style is more conservative, opt for this (machine washable) stripe cotton blend beach blanket from Nordstrom.
One more tip: Transportation. Didn’t snag a parking pass or want to avoid the inevitable concert fiasco aftermath also referred to as traffic? Check your local bike + public transportation schedules. Most cities offer complimentary travel to get you from point A to point B safely + conveniently. Minnesota friends: commuting from the south metro? Park your car at the Mall for free + hop on the light rail.
Our partners at Pepsi want to start your summer off with a BOOM. MOA® + Pepsi are giving you the chance to WIN A PAIR OF TICKETS to Rock the Garden 2016, including a parking pass. Rock the Garden will take place at Boom Island Park in Northeast Minneapolis on June 18, 2016. Scroll down to see the lineup.
To enter, fill out the information below. Five potential winners will be notified via phone or email after noon CST on June 15, 2016.
Please read the Official Rules.
Rock the Garden 2016 Lineup
- The Flaming Lips
- Chance the Rapper
- M. Ward
- Hippo Campus
- Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats
- GRRRL PRTY
- Plague Vendor
Spark unexpected conversations this summer with more than 100 #PepsiMoji designs to choose from! Download the keyboard app for your phone and start sharing #PepsiMoji with your friends.