Once upon a time, there was a religious feast to honor the patron saint of Ireland…
Over 1,000 years later, St. Patrick’s Day has become an international celebration of traditional Irish culture with parades, dancing, specialty food + drinks. And who could forget, the color green?
Well, it’s your lucky day! Here are a few of the many ways to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day at the Mall.
Did you know the PANTONE color of the year is “Greenery?” According to the PANTONE website, the vibrant green color symbolizes new beginnings, including passion and vitality. Found in nature, this shade of green illustrates rejuvenation and restoration as well.
Fun Fact: The PANTONE color of the year is purposely chosen to mirror current culture, mood and attitude around the world.
So clearly, green has made quite the impact.
- Step into the holiday spirit with green Timberland shoes from Nordstrom.
- Or top it all off with a shamrock cap also from Nordstrom.
- Keep the fun going with themed t-shirts and accessories from Hot Topic.
- Fashionable fellas can find festive formalwear and accessories at Hammer Made.
- Rebels of the universe unite and celebrate with Star Wars merchandise from Box Lunch.
- Tyrion Lannister would be proud to drink out of this St. Patrick’s Day appropriate glass from Box Lunch.
- Find these green suspenders at the end of the rainbow (AKA Hot Topic).
Pro Tip: Head on over to the Mall and text with us in real-time for more great green-wear!
Irish dances are one of the more traditional ways to celebrate St. Paddy’s each year.
We’re stepping, jumping and dancing our way into the holiday spirit with performances from the internationally known Corda Mor Irish dance school.
Talented trotters, ages 5- 20, will grace the stage in Sears Court with two special performances on St. Patrick’s Day.
For Those Who Love to Laugh:
You’re in luck! The House of Comedy has you covered.
Use promo code: “STPADDYS” to receive 50% off tickets to see Sean Donnelly on Friday, March 17 (four ticket maximum per promo code).
Festive Food and Where to Find It:
Here are the most delicious ways to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day and #TGIF.
Grab a Guinness for $4 at Cedar + Stone, Urban Table.
$5 Jameson will be available at Hard Rock Cafe ONLY on Friday.
Cowboy Jack’s will also feature the St. Patrick’s Day classic green beer and traditional corned beef sliders.
Cantina #1 will offer $5 Irish Hummers, $3 Jameson and $2 green beer on St. Patrick’s Day from 6 – 8 p.m.
Along with 3 St. Patrick’s Day themed drinks, Maragaritaville is also offering 17% off green merchandise in their store on Friday (see store for details.)
Cheers to a sweet St. Paddy’s Day! Sugarfina is celebrating with their green and gold label treats. Buy three cubes, get one free.