Spring is all about welcoming the new. A new season, a new wardrobe and maybe a fresh, new perspective. Mall of America® is here to spread a little more sunshine with an exciting announcement…
On May 12, Mall of America will debut a new collection of 14 shop-in-shop brands that give back. Introducing DEBUT Shop for Kindness. Each brand in the Shop for Kindness has a passion for a different cause. They’re using their stores to give back.
That’s where you can get involved. When you visit the shop, you’ll discover a collection of unique brands that delight and do good with every purchase.
From brands that support causes in our own backyard like Humble Apparel (The Boundary Waters Canoe Area) to cross-continent causes like Yoobi (education across America), you’ll be able to support a collection you care about. It’s simple. Buy something nice, do something kind.
Here’s an introduction to the latest brands to call Debut home.
- House of Talents — House of Talents works with artisan groups in rural communities in West Africa to promote self-development through economic and social advancement. You’ll find irresistible, high-quality handmade artisan products like baskets, textiles and jewelry in their shop.
- Humble Apparel — Love the outdoors? Humble Apparel makes sophisticated, modern outdoor apparel to inspire a love for the outdoors. When you buy their products, you’ll help benefit the Boundary Waters Canoe Area (BWCA).
- Love Your Melon — You may have heard of this wildly popular brand. Love Your Melon donates hats to children battling cancer and supports the fight against pediatric cancer with stylish beanies.
- MY SISTER — MY SISTER helps lead the fight to prevent sex trafficking with ethically-sourced apparel and accessories. Their slogan? “Fighting Sex Trafficking One Shirt at a Time.”
- Northern Glasses — Northern Glasses wants to solve the water crisis in developing nations. You can help them when you pick up some of their graphically-designed glassware and gifts.
- PAB’s Packs — A “one for one” model, PAB’s Packs donates one backpack to a child living with chronic illness for every backpack they sell. My favorite part is that the donated backpacks are filled with items that are meant to comfort, offer some fun, and ease the hospital stay.
- Roma Boots — When you buy a pair of boots from Roma Boots, a new pair is donated to a child in need. Additionally, 10 percent of all proceeds fund educational initiatives around the world.
- Smile Network — Smile Network provides life-altering reconstructive surgeries and related healthcare services to impoverished children and adults in developing nations. Their global gifts are perfect for the adventurer in your life.
- Still Kickin’ — Each month, Still Kickin’ picks a “Still Kickin’ Hero” and donates to them the profits from their retail sales and from donation-based workouts they partner with small gyms around the country to create. One shirt, one person, one workout at a time, you can help them empower more heroes.
- Through Jimmy’s Eyes — Jimmy is an artist who was diagnosed with regressive-onset autism as a child. At Through Jimmy’s Eyes, you can purchase stunning artwork. Plus, a portion of his proceeds will benefit the Ann Connelly Memorial Fund at U of M Cancer Center.
- Twill — When you purchase any Twill product, you are able to choose where another is given. At check out, choose from a list of their Giving Buddies they currently serve in many communities. Plus, the blankets are incredibly comfy.
- Wear’s Woody — Wear’s Woody is leading the “mill-to-market” movement, bringing the same mentality of sustainable restaurateurs to the retail space. Their stylish coastal wears—from tees to outerwear to accessories—support diabetes nonprofits in style.
- Woodchuck – Woodchuck conserves the environment by planting a tree for every customizable wood product sold.
- Yoobi — Yoobi makes fun, must-have children’s desk + stationary products. Yoobi also donates essential items to schools in need across the U.S. in the form of Classroom Packs. A Yoobi Classroom Pack contains the fundamental tools needed for learning and creativity.
Want to check out these awesome brands? Visit Debut Shop for Kindess on Level 1, North, next to Zara. Join me in shopping for kindness!