Most days you can find me with my hair pulled into a knot, well-worn boots on my feet, a Diet Coke in my hand and an oversized sweater keeping me cozy. Clearly, we’ve hit the mid-point of winter and I need to mix it up a bit. As the snow melts, the social calendar is starting to fill so I’m thinking I need a dash of drama in the beauty department. The easiest way to get drama and variety? A great shade of lipstick.
I don’t dare attempt to count every shade of lipstick, stain and gloss within Mall of America, but instead found seven favorites to help me stand out in a crowd, grab the attention of my beau and celebrate an evening out with friends. Whether I convince myself to splurge or stock up on some wallet-friendly hues, I know I’ll be ready to paint the town red.
- Lip Vex in Vivid Red from Sigma Beauty (Level 2, West) — $10
- Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Light It Up from bareMinerals (Level 1, East) — $18
- Sheen Supreme Lipstick in Lady Bug from Mac Cosmetics (Level 2, West) — $18
- Lancôme Color Design Sensational Effects Lipcolor in Red Haute from Macy’s (SW Court) — $22.50
- NARS Audacious Lipstick in Poppy Red from Sephora (Level 2, West) — $32
- Guerlain Rouge G de Geurlain Jewel Lipstick Compact in Genna 28 from Nordstrom (NW Court) — $51